Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to say this 2017 thread is by FAR the best, most entertaining of them all... This 2017 group is filled with the sickest most demented group of delusional parents ever in the history of all youth sports. I only pray for your kids that you all don't behave or speak this way in the home.
Tone it down, very few of your kids are going D1. I promise you. Please be a little humble. When your kids get a little older you'll be at the national elite HS level tournaments. What you'll see are insanely gifted athletes that hail from places like Minnesota, Washington, Texas, Florida and California. All your kids stick skills will not compensate for the fact that these kids from other parts of the country are huge. 6'5" defensemen that move like SEC tight ends. 6'3" middies that run like a deer and cut like NFL backs. All I can say is: strap in and get ready for the reality check. It's coming....

Thank you for the insight Oh Guru of all things lax.......Altough I agree with you about the presence of athletes from non traditional lacrosse places, I submit to you that New [lacrosse], Maryland, PA, Jersey, CT, and so on have just as many gifted athletes with the stick skills to match. Take a look at a Division 1 roster sometime. I would say 75 percent of the rosters are filled with Northeast and Mid-Atlantic kids. (Take Duke for example, 5 kids on the roster from non traditional lacrosse states) I also agree that a lot of the people that frequent this board are delusional and overzealous, however there are some of us that are realistic about our kids futures and who genuinely enjoy candid discussions about the sport and how our kids are progressing.