Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tryouts were 6 months ago but now the Brine Nationals are a week away. Final rosters after some adds/drops are posted on their website. Anyone thoughts on the teams?

Hearing a few injured players not making the trip - 2 Turts and an fl$. Still a very deep North team.

I was not there and am curious if its OK to name the coaches that did the evaluations. Intrigued if the names on the list of players is loaded with their players.
- do you mean "the coaches with the strongest teams"? Are you wondering if THEY have the majority of the players making the team? That might not be so odd.

Let's face it the best teams might have 10-15 great players but the other 10 might be coaches son, friend of said coach, someone's son who donated or has some connections in some other field etc. It's all who you know.

OK, I faced it...I had my son, who has played with/against all of these boys for years, look at the list of 20 boys picked. He felt all of them (including both coaches sons) are incredible players who should be on the team. Are there 1 or 2 that might be interchangable with 1 or 2 of the players called back for another tryout this weekend? Maybe. From what we are told, they are picking 5 more players & putting together another team. Great idea...maybe you guys from this site should do the evaluating for that team because you all sound very unbiased. Hahaha (that was a joke:) It's not all "who you know" Its how talented you are, how hard you work & catching the attention of a very good coach! Thats the lesson you should be teaching your children, not this ridiculousness!Please stop taking away from these VERY talented boys!!