Originally Posted by Anonymous
I wanted my son to get the call as much as the next guy, but this is crazy nonetheless. We had the call and are going on a visit to a big lax school, what in the world does my true 14 year old have to say?

What does the coach expect him to ask? What should I ask? If they really want to recruit him, how many visits are we expected to make? Coach said we should be there most of the day to meet and then see practice and then tour school.

All comments--other than the nasty ones--are appreciated.

they want to talk to the kid, not the parents - he needs to study up on the school, different colleges within the university, different majors. kids on the team that went to his high school ect. He must try to be as verbal as possible, eye contact is important and some idea of what he wants to major in and do with his life even though in reality he has no idea. Just try to stay in the background and remind him to try an answer all questions with more then one word answers. I have been through this with three kids but my 2018 is far and away the youngest and it is crazy ridiculous process regardless of age but now having to ask a 14 year old to do it is just crazy. Also tell him to relax and enjoy the ride.