Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, remember the turtles, none of those kids got noticed at any of these events without all their teammates surrounding them...but most already committed to top D-1 programs.

Very true. However, while the 2018 terps or Extreme are both great teams, very close in talent, I don't believe either team ever reached the level of total domination that the turtle's achieved. I believe in 8th grade the turtles played up every single game and won almost everyone against the best at that level. Not sure, but I don't think that either of these 2018 teams beat the others 2017 team, the 2017 crabs, 2017 FCA, 2017 SWeetLax, etc. So, not really on the same level as what the turtles were, and no, I'm not a turtle Daddy. To the posters point, while there are some top D1 players on both teams, there are others who are just another really good player that will blend in with other really good players. Lets face it, out of the 200+ players at the event there will be the top 40 all-stars, the 20 or 25 that got in because of a hook, and then the other 200 or so very good players. All of whom have D1 potential for sure.