Originally Posted by Anonymous
1st round of the LI SHowcase and I have to say, it seemed like way to many kids to make honest, realistic determinations and cuts after only all kids playing 2 25 minute games. They really should have limited the number of players. My son is a goalie and he seemed to be one of roughly 14=16 goalies there. Each team had 2-3 goalies minimum so minimal playing time and no chance to get into any rhythm before being pulled out for the next kid.

Our team only had two poles... So every time the other team had the ball they scored. Great for our goalies. On a whole, I would have to say that that was the biggest waste of time my son has ever been a part of. The grass was 6 inches high!!! There were barely any lines on the fields. No balls on end line. Refs calling stupid procedural penalties. Having been through this before, it's clear that the picking of the team will have little to do with yesterdays cluster. That was just another money grab, somebody walked away with a nice payday. From the games I saw, no one was really a superstar. So it will all be about reputation, connection and current committed status.

Goalie is the most political of all the positions in the showcase because only 4 make the final 40 and only 2 make the team. Coaches running the event lobby for there own guys.

Who was running Suffolk?