Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dyed anyone get invite for prep showcase? Is it true only open for private school kids? if so, what do you think of that?

I posted the info on the Prep School Showcase. My son is a public school kid, and did get an invitation. We have friends who do go to NE West schools who went in the past and that is where their looks and eventual commitments began.

I have no idea if they have a quota system or how they parse out the invitations between kids going to NE West and other prep leagues versus uncommitted players from public schools. That same group is fielding a club team this summer, and most of the coaches are from schools like Trinity Pawling, Deerfield, Salisbury, Brunswick etc., so I would imagine that it is a very prep school heavy invite list.

The email they send out today states....

Showcase Facts
1,684 players applied in 2014 for only 384 spots
125 College Coaches attended in 2014; 108 attended in 2013; 90 attended in 2012; 47 attended in 2011. List of 2014 coaches can be seen HERE.
2015 Date: Sunday May 31, 2015
2015 Venue: Brunswick School, Greenwich, CT
Only uncommitted players are permitted to participate
We handily surpassed last's years application count of over 1,600. The 2,000th application was submitted last week.

Haven't yet applied? You may do so by clicking HERE. No further applications will be accepted after this weekend.