Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is a former teammate. that kid and his parents are the nicest people in the world so who ever wants say anything be warned, and ill have you 40 year old virgins know he is a great goalie so don't tread on him . And what are you doing talking smack to him. guess you have nothing better to do than be a d!ck to a 14 year old. hop of his A$$. Sincerly Me.

A 14 yr old with a mouth like yours is not impressive and it also shows your ignorance and well, immature age. I am sure your parents would be happy that you are sticking up for your friend, but ashamed of how you spoke, even anonymously. If you felt so strongly and wanted to defend him and use vulgar words, you should have been man enough to sign your name.

I feel badly for the kid, he and his parents may be the nicest in the world, but he may find himself up against others and it would be a sad day to find that you repeated a whole year of school while your friends went on ahead to HS and will graduate without you and it did not work out in the end. It is easier to reclassify with other positions because they need more middies etc. The coaches could decide on one goalie and it may not be him in the end. If he is such a great goalie, he should have gone ahead and beat out the other 2018 kid by training harder and focusing on being the best he could be. If he is such a great goalie, he could go to St A's or a public school if he did not think he would get the starting position. He could have also been a back up and since he is so good, he must be on a top club team, he would have gotten recruited through that route.

I could only imagine how he felt knowing that he could not compete with the other 2018 kid, so the only thing left to do was drop down in hopes he can compete with the 2019 kids. I wish him luck, this could be a hard lesson and long road.

I really do not blame him- he's just following what the adults guiding him are telling him. I also get the worry of the parents and the need to feel like you have got to do what works for your kid, but I am ashamed to hear Chaminade would take this kid for being left back for no good academic, social, emotional or medical reason. I am second guessing them as a school and for what they stand for. I hope there is some follow up to this story when admissions sends out their invites to the school. I will be looking to hear what Chaminade does.