Originally Posted by Anonymous
whether that person was a terps parent or not, point was valid. You are all spending way too much money chasing a dream that in all likelihood only comes true for a very small percentage of the kids. I am not a terps parent, but I can do simple math.

Like someone has said in prior post, would be much better off spending the money on tutors.

18 D1 2015 commits, 12 D1 2016 commits,16 D1 2017 commits. this is a little better then hitting lotto. would most of these kids have been able to get into these schools without lacrosse? maybe but probably not. Will the college scholarship some of these boys receive offset the time and money invested in summer travel? maybe but probably not.

We of course will never know but I like my kids chances better then the non lacrosse player or non express lacrosse player to get into a better school and pay less then he would have without express. When you have so many kids going to sleep away camp for 2 to 3x's what summer lacrosse costs and I don't see to many Timber Lake early commits.

What do those numbers represent? Express kids? or something else? There are thousands of kids in each age bracket on LI alone playing lax. I agree that it helps get into a better school, but most kids can get in Maryland without lax...

2015's on express going DI - Yale, 2 -UPenn, Duke, Princeton, Hopkins, Lafayette, Binghamton, North Carolina -

that is 9 kids going to top schools, I have no idea if any of them could get into those schools without lacrosse but I would guess some couldn't. The point is that lacrosse and the Express are getting kids into top schools at a much better clip then your odds of hitting lotto and better then all the other organizations around, that will change over the next few years with 91 having caught up. but people saying you are crazy spending that kind of money chasing the dream are silly and not well informed. If express can get 18 kids recruited in a class and 9 are going to what most people would consider top schools we are not chasing the dream we are living it.

Express made the commits happen? Really? No way those kids would have gotten the look without Express?