Originally Posted by Anonymous
The problem is the parent who "nailed it" mistakenly thinks that he is in the arena along with his son. That is delusional and explains why so many are laughing at the use of the "we." I get that you help him, we all do, but then own it entirely. When he fails a test or screws up his SAT is that a "we" also or is it just his fault? How about when he throws a bad pass, is caught offsides or doesn't cover his man? Is that also a "we"? Something tells me those are his to own alone. When my son succeeds those accolades belong to him and when he fails that is also on him. My wife and I support and guide him, but it is his life to live...not ours. If you knew anything about TR you would understand that he would have it no other way.....

You read and or misunderstood the poster. The "nailed it" poster was spkg about the original guy who quoted TR. Basically, he was saying exactly what you said.

YOU both supported the quote. Being all in, all the time. Playing the game and coming out better for it. Encouraging your sons to be strong and succeed. Supporting them along the way. Not listening to critics.

TR was a great man.

As far as the magazine articles go, heroes, each and everyone of them.