Originally Posted by Anonymous
Remember, average lax scholarships are around 25%. Some may get more but that means others will get less. If your kid is also top of his class (and depending on the school) he may also get some academic $. So a package of 50-75% is pretty good by today's standards. Most of you, like me, will not get any need based financial aid so it is academic and/or athletic only.

You're obviously well informed. Do you have a well informed guess on how many D1 teams are fully funded? Service academies and Ivy are not relevant in this, so the sample size drops to about 55 programs. 5 in ACC, 6 in Big 10, Denver makes a clean dozen. Is that it? [/quote]

Not the original poster, but I think you can find this information along with whether a particular school gives academic money, on the school website.

mine committed early and that is how we parsed through schools that we would focus on. for us, money was important and I can echo original poster's comments on how much is available for a D-1 kid. I often hear about the kids that got a full ride, but the reality is that a full ride for lax is almost impossible.