Originally Posted by Anonymous

Don't get so caught up on height. Juse read a great article about 5'5" soyosset senior who won mvp of the Dicks national tournament a few weeks ago. Be a a smart, skilled player. Kid ran circles around his six foot counterparts. That's what matters!

You're caught up a bit in yester-year I think. With the growth of lacrosse you will see more athleticism in the game. A 5'5 attack man isn't going to run around any high level D1 pole anymore because they are all starting to body type out at 6'2 - 6'5 with skill handling a 6 foot shaft. As lacrosse grows as a sport coaches will target both skill and physicality like they do in other real sports. I am sure somewhere on Long Island you could tell me all about a 5'10 and 210 lb linebacker who never misses tackles and is smart on blitzes. He can't play his sport in D1 either.[/quote]
I can also point out that that there are not many 6'2" -6'5" football players who can cover Darren Sproles out of the backfield or Wes Welker in the slot! It is all about match ups and all those Athletic, Huge monsters will still trip over themselves because they can't change direction with the "little" guys! The bottom line is if you CAN play you WILL play! No matter what your size is.