Originally Posted by Anonymous
you are missing the original posters point - if your kid is not able to make Terps or Xtreme this year do you really think they are going to be one of the top 150 recruits in the country to be able to verbally commit in the next 12 months? I realize the tryouts are not perfect but really, do you think a kid that got cut by Xtreme aor Terps is signing with UVA,UNC,MD or JHU? could the evaluators be that off? The Ivy's and the Patriots will have spots next year at this time. Lacrosse is the first step then the grades.
I wish I was missing his point, but I don't think I am. I think the 150 number is a low ball since that includes only those who will be publicly announced by this time next year (I actually think using 2017 as a bench mark and considering the acceleration each year 200 public commits for September next year is reasonable to expect). Next you have to add in the non public (such as much of the Ivy schools) and the number grows. I think that by this time next year 75%-90% of spots at the Top lacrosse conference schools are locked up (ACC, Ivy, B1G, Patriot). Lower tier lacrosse schools (please don't take as bad) such as AE, NEC, MAC, SOCON. Will have a lot of spots still open. I think many parents would concur that their son can gain admission to an AE (SUNY) type school without athletic help, but probably needs athletic support to make an Ivy or JHU or UVA. This is unfortunately why I think that where your son plays during his freshman year is very important.