Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed. My son played on Crush for 4 years. When he got replaced it completely sucked. Probably as much for me as it was for him. But he was one of the original members and lasted longer than all but 3 of the original boys.

just curious. looking back was all the travel and commitment worth it? if you could go back would your son want to take those 4 years with crush or just start and stay with another team? And if he could would he want back on crush next yr?

It's very difficult to stay with a top team on LI. Kids all over get better and better. I'm glad he recieved the coaching and experience of playing on the team, but realistically, how many kids were exceptional when they were 7 and remained that much better than the rest of the grade level. I'll tell you... very few (I know of none). If he keeps practicing and gets better and makes the team next year I would do it. But I would also know that nothing was garunteed. [/quote

Wolfpack parents want to believe this team will be different. In three years majority of this team will have turned over. By high school one or two will remain. Ask extreme, turtles or crush parents
Probally the first any only honest reply - thank you for your honesty. [/quote]

Hey, the Wolfpack has already turned over at least 4 to 6 kids in their first full year. So it will be the same for these guys as for Crush. But I suspect most, if not all of the boys get significantly better in that kind of training environment. They can and do get better on other teams, but it just is not the same. If your kid gets the shot, you have to let him (and encourage him) to take it! Then you have to be prepared when they can't keep up any longer and you have to do your job to give them a soft and supportive landing. But you never know, yours might be the exception that stays for the long haul. [/quote]