Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is my first post ever. I came across this post scanning the active topic threads. I have to say that I am thoroughly disappointed in the degradation of these threads. My little guy loves lax but the way many parents communicate on this site makes a parent almost embarrassed to be part of the sport. My only saving grace is I know many families with national level athletes in lax and other sports and they do not behave this way. Why? Because they are focused on their child, not everyone else. Their children succeed because their parents did not get caught up in superficial distractions that would consume too much time from their child’s goals and happiness. It takes ALOT of work and dedication to support your child and their love of the game. As a parent you just do not have the time to carry on like this and bash each other. We all recognize that we are all in the same boat and respect that. If you truly want your child to succeed, research shows that it is beneficial for a child to participate in multiple sports and activities for complementary skill development and to prevent injury and burn out (By the way, Legos develop spatial reasoning skills which no one will refute is highly necessary for a great middie). And my last advice for the parents that are new to club or highly competitive sports is the world of lax or any other sport is a small one. Coaches move around, clubs come and go, children move on to other teams. Reputations do precede themselves. How you behave and how your child behaves from watching your behavior can haunt you later. You want your child to be the star/stud, then you need to act like one.

Amen brother! Respect the game...respect teammates, coaches, officials, opponents and their coaches. And Parents, please show some civility towards one another; on the sidelines and on the message boards.