Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's the problem w pre-season rankings. Everyone has trouble moving past last year and really looking at this year's teams. Navy for instance. Because they made the final 4 they are ranked top ten. They had a great run last year. They are not top ten this year. 9-7 over a very mediocre Ohio State team? Same with Penn State. Yup, they've made two straight final 4's. This year, they aren't as good and lose right out of the gate to Towson. They will not make the final four this year. Their ranking is too high.

Anyone want to bet that Notre Dame is not the 15 best (preseason ranking) team in the country? They looked pretty bad yesterday against BC, who is also ranked too high. Unless they get Kent back (who might redshirt), they are going nowhere.

Final 4:
Maryland
Northwestern
SB
Syracuse

Book it.

No shame in losing to Towson, they are a good program. Towson played PSU tough last year and only lost to Stony Brook by a goal. They faltered a bit down the stretch but they are a solid team.

I see that you really went out on a limb with your Final Four picks.

Northwestern hasn't been in a final four since 2013. Seems like a bold prediction considering they are 11th preseason. SB has never made it there. Seems bold also. Not having UNC in there, also bold ... so yeah, bold predictions.

Yeah, no. Not bold at all. Stony Brook only newcomer but everyone has them as a top 4 team. Find me a team other than (Maryland, Carolina, Florida, Penn State, Syracuse, Boston College, Northwestrn, Penn, Princeton, Duke, Virginia, Notre Dame) They always seem to be at least Top 20.

How about USC, Colorado, Stanford, JMU, Towson, Elon or even Navy again.

Stanford?? ohhh hahahaha, i can't breathe. ohhh haha ha hee ha ... wow that's a good one.