Originally Posted by Anonymous
You really are clueless or just don’t watch college lax. No one said a good offense packs all of their girls inside the 12 but good defenses pack all of their girls inside the 12 and your offensive players outside the 12 or playing at x are no threat to score . Adding two more players just tells me you have absolutely no clue. As far as a team coming back down by 3 being easier if there is a draw , wrong again , without a draw the games are essentially a shooting gallery . Personally I like the draw as it’s a natural break in the action that allows for teams to gather themselves and adjust .
I would bet that you never played lacrosse on any level. But to answer your question Yes I watch a ton of lacrosse games, not to mention the ones I have played in, or the ones I've coached

First I never said they should add 2 more players, just that the size of the attacking zone could easily accommodate two more players and still have plenty of room.

Second- If a team is down by 2 or more draws they could easily close the gap if they had a good draw girl. I have seen and taken part in many games where, when down, a team has won the draw/face off, scored in under 30 seconds, won another draw/ face-off and scored again in under a minuet. Without the draw even if you score quickly, the other team could run off 90 seconds before you see the ball again. late in a game that could be a killer for a team. If you had ever played in a game you would know this.

Third- If you don't think A girl is a threat from X you haven't watched many lacrosse games, Shannon Smith is one example of a girl that if and when teams had your mindset, she would attack from X and score at will. UMD attacks from X as a standard set against some team with the X player feeding cutters, with the option to attack and shoot if opportunity presents it's self

Fourth- If you think a girl outside the 12 can't score, than you are obviously only watching your daughters team. these days girls shots are getting stronger every year. Watch Nicole Levy from 'cuse if she has an open lane she could probably fire one in from the restraining line, Majorana was another one that could do it.

and lastly, most of the better teams keep a good spread of there offensive players, and with the girls being as athletic as they are these days coaches know they must respect that. thats why the only time you saw a team pack in the 12 was SB vs. UMD, and look how that turned out.

In closing, the only one showing how clueless they are,w7x is the Long Island house frau that probably never even played a competitive sport, let alone picked up a stick[/quote]

Ok. You are responding to several different posters. I will take your points one at a time. I have major doubts that you played at a high level. But that aside...

1. The size of the attacking zone can not easily handle two more players. You keep trying to define the attacking zone by the area under the restraining line. That is not, practically speaking, the area where goals are scored from.

2. Don't disagree. Although a good ride would help.

3. Of course a girl is a threat from X. Don't think anyone was arguing that but if they were, u r correct.

4. This one is ridiculous. Girls do not score from outside the 12. Yes even Levy or Majorana. There are two reasons for that. One, despite how hard you think Levy's shot is, from outside the 12 it's still a joke. But probably more importantly, shooting space and dangerous propelling. You will not ever get a clear shot from outside the 12 and therefore it renders a shot from out there an impossibility. I dare you to scour the internet and find one. Get back to me in a few months when you haven't.

5. That is not the only time a team packed in the 12. Almost all defenses do. In fact the only time you will see defenses stretch well above the 12 is when they are down late and need the ball, or when they are face guarding a particular player.

You can keep trying, but you are not correct about this. The spacing in the men's game with only 6v6 is much better to watch. I happen to like the women's game more actually from a stylistic point of view, but the clogging of the 8 and all the shooting space stoppages and 3 second calls are frustrating to watch. Some of the new rules, like the new set up on 8 meters, and reinstating a major foul for 3-seconds will help.

[/quot

Shot clock is a double edge sword, use the stall rule that the mens game uses, little by little womens lax is realizing they should just play mens rules. the draw change this year is way over due, i like the 30 sec penalty for off sides as well, get the ball over the line and keep it in the box if refs call stall at some point. mens rules will all work very well in todays womens game