Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is one aspect of the girls game that they need to fix ASAP. Get rid of the draw, please. Do it to start the first half and second half. That's it, then let them start with possession after every goal scored.

Why??

Because it has too much influence on the game for such an insignificant event.
so should hockey get rid of the face off after every goal because Basketball doesn't do it? Obviously it's not an insignificant event if it influences a game, seems pretty significant. A team down by

three can quickly come back if they have a good draw girl. As far as the 60 x 40 field., no good offense is going to pack all there girls into the 12, thats only 14 yards from the goal line, and not enough room to work. counting the crease (3 meters) and room to work (at least another 3 meters) plus the girls at X (another 5 meters) if you square that up thats a 25X25 yard working area of a 40 X 60 yard field. not exactly packed into the 8 (10x10 yards) and still plenty of room to roam. Could fit another attacker and defender if you wanted to and still have room. with your Hockey reference to 3 v 3 being more exciting, A hockey rink is about the same size as the attacking zone below restraint line, and half of it isn't in use at any given time. That being said Hockey full strength is pretty energetic and thats 11 people in half the area on any attack play so your analogy makes no sense. But this is neither hockey nor Basketball so lets take Lacrosse as Lacrosse

You really are clueless or just don’t watch college lax. No one said a good offense packs all of their girls inside the 12 but good defenses pack all of their girls inside the 12 and your offensive players outside the 12 or playing at x are no threat to score . Adding two more players just tells me you have absolutely no clue. As far as a team coming back down by 3 being easier if there is a draw , wrong again , without a draw the games are essentially a shooting gallery . Personally I like the draw as it’s a natural break in the action that allows for teams to gather themselves and adjust .
I would bet that you never played lacrosse on any level. But to answer your question Yes I watch a ton of lacrosse games, not to mention the ones I have played in, or the ones I've coached

First I never said they should add 2 more players, just that the size of the attacking zone could easily accommodate two more players and still have plenty of room.

Second- If a team is down by 2 or more draws they could easily close the gap if they had a good draw girl. I have seen and taken part in many games where, when down, a team has won the draw/face off, scored in under 30 seconds, won another draw/ face-off and scored again in under a minuet. Without the draw even if you score quickly, the other team could run off 90 seconds before you see the ball again. late in a game that could be a killer for a team. If you had ever played in a game you would know this.

Third- If you don't think A girl is a threat from X you haven't watched many lacrosse games, Shannon Smith is one example of a girl that if and when teams had your mindset, she would attack from X and score at will. UMD attacks from X as a standard set against some team with the X player feeding cutters, with the option to attack and shoot if opportunity presents it's self

Fourth- If you think a girl outside the 12 can't score, than you are obviously only watching your daughters team. these days girls shots are getting stronger every year. Watch Nicole Levy from 'cuse if she has an open lane she could probably fire one in from the restraining line, Majorana was another one that could do it.

and lastly, most of the better teams keep a good spread of there offensive players, and with the girls being as athletic as they are these days coaches know they must respect that. thats why the only time you saw a team pack in the 12 was SB vs. UMD, and look how that turned out.

In closing, the only one showing how clueless they are,w7x is the Long Island house frau that probably never even played a competitive sport, let alone picked up a stick

First no one said you said they should add 2 more players which just tells me your reading comprehension is non existent.
Second -If you watch games that have no draws there are many more goals scored in general and if your team rides well you can come back from a deficit much faster than in games with draws .No one cares what you have seen happen in a few games .The nonsense you are writing tells me the only lacrosse you have coached is at the youth level.
Third if you don’t get the fact that there is no reason to chase the player at x and many teams will defend that player at goal line extended or when they are directly behind stand at the top of the crease the very definition of being in the 8 .
Lastly the fact that you state the only time a team packed in the 12 was SB against UMD tells me you are completely ignorant.
Lastly the more you post the more obvious it is that you are not only clueless but even worse you actually think you know the sport .Why do you think they went back to 3 seconds being an 8 meter , because many teams were packing in their defenses you dope. Nicole Levy scoring from outside the 12 rarely if ever has happened and yes have watched her play in everyone of her collegiate games.