Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New rules,
1- Only the 6 mid-fielders allowed between the restraining lines during draw
2- if shot is taken before, or at whistle, goal or save counts
3- (most important in IMHO) free movement on minor fouls, all players allowed to move but ball must be still with 2 meter bubble, if more than 3 fouls occurs in transition, before ball crosses offensive restraining line, 1st offense warning, second offense 1 minuet penalty ( the Joe Spallina rule )
4- after 4th yellow 2 minuet unreleasable (Joe Spallina rule 2.0)

Will preface this by saying my daughter plays for SB and SB only had two games w more than one yellow card and one was vs Maryland. So my investigative instincts sense your daughter plays on Maryland.
As far as the rules.
1. Love draw rule
2. I think I'm ok w shooting rule worry about refs being able to make that decision
3. Don't like free movement.
4. Doesn't happen ( unless you play CR and her employees ). Just kiddding and all kidding aside happened against us three times and one time (last game) we would of been on other end

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. Fall is coming Hoping this thread stays as positive.

Now as far as the rule changes
Joe Spallina rule 3.0 - 3 second violation back to being a free position, I think all the rules are fantastic,
- Enough with the freeze tag aspect of woman lacrosse, stopping everyone on the smallest violation was just silly. It let the defense recover from bad play and punished the offense

- with 22 players charging the ball every draw it looked like a cluster f@#k, and was dangerous. let the mid-fielders fight it out it's safer

-how many times have we seen a meaningful goal or fantastic save erased because of some minor foul or bad call. It's not like the shots weren't being taken so let the result stand

- lets be real, if your team commits 4 yellows you deserve to sit for a full 2

- the 3 second rule will stop the clogging of the 8 , but needs to be called correctly

- and allow these woman to run and set up there attack, it was the D that committed the foul so let everyone move on the penalty, it will quicken the pace of the game and is fare to the offense.