Originally Posted by Anonymous
again bad for the sport with the same team winning another year. Five teams winning over almost 30 years shows lack of big time team depth. Lots of good teams but only a few great ones

So what....I don't get the problem...NBA basketball, NFL football, College mens basketball, college football, have only 2-3 teams that win every year. Nature of sports. The negativity around womens lacrosse, mostly by men, is confounding.

might want to check the stats many more teams in the mix in all those other sports. I hope the delay in recruiting helps level the field

The early recruiting is only a recent problem and the results of it haven't even hit the field yet. This years 2016's freshman were barely early in the recruiting process. Subsequent years, 2017,2018, 2019, and 2020 it got progressively worse. So the effect of early recruiting has nothing to do with Marylands dominance the last 30 years. It will be interesting to see all the hits and misses on these kids. I have already seen a fair number of the earlies flare out before the end of high school. If anything, the crapshoot of early recruits could help level the playing field, because early recruiting is like a box of chocolates.