Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some great points!
Your top 100 players all have the same four or five schools on their list. The other coaches have their hands full. For Stony Brook to compete with these schools is very hard. JS does not have the INDOOR buildings that these other schools have. He sells pride for where you come from! Go to Florida SUNSHINE, USC SUNSHINE, The other schools mentioned have big sports programs Football,Basketball easy to sell this to young ladies. I know you don't like JS but you have to tip your hat to him. I for one think that if you are from Long Island and send your kid anywhere else you want to see him do bad as well as the
players. GROW UP. The top players from Maryland stay home and play with PRIDE. OK STONY BROOK (JS) MAKE LONG ISLAND PROUD I'm going to come out and watch. I wish more Long Island kids and parents would take a look at Stony Brook it is a good school and I am a proud Long Island Lax parent! You want to leave Long Island fine but stop bashing JS and Stony Brook, these girls and coaches are doing a GREAT job and I hope to see them in late May on their field.
\

While I get what you are saying lets not compare Stony Brook to Maryland in terms of overall college experience. My kid went away and I am glad she did but it does not make me want SB to fail. The fans do make it difficult to hope they succeed at times and will say the program and players do not have the best reputation in terms of sportsmanship.Would give you some examples but do not want to call out any players etc.I think this is a big year for them and if they don't win it all this year they may never do it.They better hope their goalie stays healthy and I think they may struggle at middie a little this year. Not sure if Spallina is very good at recognizing talent that others don't see or just very good at developing players or both but he has more success than any other coach while not getting the highly ranked players coming out of high school.

Agree. He has definitely done a great job. I think we are seeing a very good coach do some great things. The university has stepped up on many fronts and that helps compared to other LI schools. All in all an excellent job.