Originally Posted by baldbear
Finalists will be the best five players chosen without regard to institution.
Finalists will be selected based on individual performance and a player’s contribution to the success of their team.
Finalists are chosen based on the current year’s regular-season performance (date of selection is at the conclusion of the regular season, before playoffs).
Recipients are chosen based on the current year’s regular season and playoff performance.
Sportsmanship can play a role in the selection process and it is important that the recipient upholds the mission and values of the Tewaaraton Award.

This is from the Tewaaraton website. I think all finalists are good on the first three points. The Maryland girls get the edge on point four (obviously) and it hurts Ohmiller. I think the fifth point hurts Ohmiller as well. She has allowed the media to portray her as playing with a chip on her shoulder and her post game remarks after the Maryland game didn't help her. Ohmiller had a fantastic year and is really the 1-3 pick but I think it goes to Hadnagy. But I've wrong 50% of the time in the past.......ha ha.

Couple of points. Its lacrosse so there still will be politics. Maryland coaches are better liked than SB and to Baldbears post if they went defense that would be great and a real slap at some who love padding those stats!