Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
where was Stony Brook before he got there? Did they even have a team?

i am not from LI but what Joe Spalina has done at SB is remarkable with homegrown talent. Amazing how people hate successful people. its because they have been losers all their life!

Not sure anyone has said anything about how they hate him. What I find amazing on this site is how people can not follow a discussion and how they love to ignore the truth and fats when they don't support their opinion or argument.

Try to follow:

- someone made a comment regarding JS's Big Game prowess.

- thee was a reply asking what big games has he coached inn and won? (assuming while at SBU)

- a response talked about beating a few good programs, distant DII Championships, Youth lacrosse and The MLL.

- there was then a post pointing out that although there have been a few wins vs traditional powers there really haven been any big wins in the postseason.

Nobody attacked him, simple facts were pointed out and those facts didn't jibe with what some want to believe. Take a look at any thread on this site, it is always the same story.

I think he is a very good coach and the program is doing great. However, I have read comments such "he is the best coach in the game". I think that is a bit of a stretch at this point. I will be pulling for him and SBU this year It would be great to see them in the final Four at Home.