Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is his size, speed and Athletic Ability. How many big players do you see in D1 that excel? I can only think of two, Jones and Dylan Molloy. Most of the bigger, fast players go to football to get a full ride. With Molly dominating, you may see some other schools looking for a player that fits that mold. Molloy isn't the fastest, but he is strong as an ox and has great stick skills.

Perkovic, Lane, Zenker, Caputo, Thule, all BIG middies. If you want, I can name many big attacks as well. I can also name small, fast attack and Middies. As well as big poles and small LSM's. Even large Goalies and small goalies too. See a trend here? Lacrosse is one of those unique sports where many different kinds of athletes with various statures and body types can have success at the sport. Some play with speed. Others are all box that will kill you with leverage. Still others will take your aggressive defense and play off of it. The one common denominator usually is very good stick skills. With that said, In my opinion there is a trend. Older, bigger, stronger, faster. If your son has dreams of playing D1,I urge you to go to a fall ball D1 tournament where you can get up close and see the guys play. Kind of like you do at travel tourns. You will see what your son will be up against. These guys are all thick, muscular, athletic looking young men. Much bigger overall than you would think. It is no joke, they play hard. You really can't appreciate it on TV or in the stadium stands. Guys could easily pass for football players. My older committed son now knows exactly why he's in that gym all week!
Again, these are my opinions based on my observations.