Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here it is ELITE 80 was open to ALL and 9d1 and express directors told there kids if they went to Elite 80 they would pull these players invites to certain showcases ALL were invited 1 9d1 Blaze kid showed and the Express kids that were registered did not show. Igloo has been shut out of NLF team events but some kids have gone to there showcase and it was not very well organized. In the end KUDOS to Igloo for opening door to ALL kids again showing that this is about kids and not about the [lacrosse] that goes on in the LACROSSE world cause of money . Yes I know they "did it for the money" remember these things cost money to put on between paying coaches , fields, insurance, printing materials , and plenty more . Yes maybe Igloo made some money but at the end of the day it is a business but more importantly it was a great day and very well organized and not one person walked away saying I can't believe I wasted my money on this garbage.
The NLF coach is a personal friend of mine. He told me it was a waste of money, but he would do it. He never got a call. There were 2 kids who came from ninety one there. One is the faceoff kid who everyone knows and the other was on another team until last year, and they didn't put that he moved on the app because they didn't know where they would end up. I don't have a problem that NLF kids were excluded, just don't start bashing other programs for not "letting" their kids play. A few applied, and only 1 know from an NLF team was invited.
I just spoke to an Igloo coach, and he said that the NLF kids were excluded because Igloo is excluded from NLF. Only a few that AA personally knew were invited, and many of the positions were filled by Igloo kids.