Originally Posted by Anonymous
I did not see anyone say someone with no stick stills are going to make it. Good to average stick skills and very fast will beat out slow kid with great stick skills if the good to average person is an athlete. An athlete can always learn skills. It happens many times. Kid starts lax in 9th grade and is behind in the skills but a fast athlete and makes D1.

I did not write that post but they do take raw players who are athletes rather than settle on a less athletic or slow player who has no or little upside or has peaked even if more talented in high school.If a kid is not fast they have little chance of making it even with great skills. Size is of course important but they will not take a big slow kid. Speed is everything which many times means an athlete. How many slow players or medium speed players at the college level have you seen playing? They are all fast.

Not in lacrosse they don't. If you have no stick skills in college you will get destroyed. For that matter you'll get destroyed in High School with substandard stick skill. Peruse the rosters of most D-1 programs and find the players who never played HS lax at a very high level.

As I said, check the D-1 Rosters and name the players who were not very good HS players. Then find the kid with great speed but not a great HS player. You won't, every kid is at the least an All County player.