Originally Posted by Anonymous
So how about some predictions for HoCo. Assuming Red Hots is the new team, here we go:

1.Crabs
2.Hawks
3.FCA
4. Red Hots
5.Next Level
6.DC Express
8.Madlax

1 and 2 are pretty close, and Red Hots are hard to place because nobody knows who they will have week to week. And MadLax is a wildcard too because their model will be almost the same as Red Hots. But overall that looks pretty accurate.

Having seen all of these teams in the fall other than the Hawks, I’d say this:
FCA, Crabs, NL, and DCE are all pretty close. DCE still a work in progress, but they have the pieces to be great and to challenge these other 3.

I don’t see Red Hots getting into HoCo, but if they do— they will finish near the bottom. Many of those kids from their “big” team are from top HoCo teams, ie the goalie from NL. A lot of the others are from all over the country, and I can’t see them traveling to MD for 1 game, 7-8 straight weeks. That’s insane. So, if they bring the Pittsburgh based team, they get trounced.

Hawks are still the cream of the crop around the Mid Atlantic. No, my kid does not play for them. They’re just very good.

Madlax will roster 50 kids and see who they can bring in each week. They’ll battle with 91 and the 8th team (red hots B or Team MD) for the cellar position.

So, here’s my prediction:

Hawks

FCA, Crabs, DCE, NL in no particular order, perhaps a slight edge to FCA.

Madlax
Red Hots/ Team MD
91 Maryland