Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that the good MadLax player was at the March Kickoff today but he played for a national all star team instead of MadLax. Is that true, and if so, when did players start doing that? I thought the national teams were not supposed to interfere with real teams.

If true, that's 100% on the parents, who either plan for their kid to leave ML, or who think Lil Breydon's talent is above the fray and ML can't do anything to him.

I say that because there's two things the national teams want to do in regards to MD-DC-Philly kids:

1) Make piles of money
2) Avoid scrutiny by the witches' coven of local MD/DC club coaches, because the "national team product" in most cases is really not amazing in terms of athlete development, exposure etc for MD/DC players. And so far, most of the local club directors have ignored the minimal conflicts caused.

I would take this another full step. Based purely on snide comments from national team assistant coaches (2 teams, comments a full year apart), they don't even want the heat of dealing with Mid-Atlantic kids and their parents. We are for the most part pretty well-informed customers who tend to be knee-donk in what we have kids attend and not attend. That's not what they are looking for, they are looking for giant standout kids from non-lax areas whose parents will gladly throw money at ANY opportunity, playing in Cali the week before Christmas, Florida 2 days after Christmas, random skills camp in Boston in July.

However the fact remains that there is a ton of talent in our area, and we are happy to spend money on youth lax, and so they will take our money too.