Originally Posted by Anonymous
I live out in Loudoun County and am looking for a competitive travel lacrosse team. From what I am reading I will need to drive in closer to DC... Any thoughts on a team? If this is the wrong forum, I apologize ahead of time.

Competitive relative to what, is kind of the key question. And at what cost.

VLC and Team Maryland are both pretty competitive (top 100 nationally) teams and sort of, kind of in your commuting area. Richmond Hawks too, though I know it's probably 2 hours for you (they don't play in a spring league, so there's that at least).

Madlax used to have some Loudon players. Top 5 team in the country but an awful commute from your area. Responsible for high numbers of future D1 players and high numbers of kids who quit the sport and detest lacrosse (and team sports) for the rest of their lives.

Loudon Tribe, MD Rebels (used to be MDX) and True VA, True DC are not really viewed as competitive. But all offer a good 1 year transition from rec ball if that's where your son has been up to this point. Tribe and MD Rebels are a good price. True is expensive for what you get, and most families move on after 1-2 years.