Originally Posted by Anonymous
HOCO already has rules for spring? Hmm...call me suspect given they typically don't have the game schedules ready until the week before the season starts....and it's usually incomplete.

If you had any experience with Boards of Directors, bylaws, and seasonal agendas for boards you'd be less surprised.

The fall meeting has to do with ensuring that any major issues with governance, rules, legal issues, field access/lease issues, can be addressed over the next 4 months. Summarizing last season's problems and recommending any changes. Discussing rule changes that have come "on the radar" such as some public pressure to address (sort of) the age issue.

And I'm all for criticizing the league, but just at the 2028 level, you had teams trying to change their bracket into the first week of the HoCo season, so it's not 100% on the league. I'm sure it didn't only happen at 2028.

And when you also consider whatever politics (Zingos, HoCo, and/or True) involved disallowing a "B" league last year, you can see why getting the schedule finalized is like herding cats. Very egotistical and self-important cats.