Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Based on the past two weekends of play and the posting about holdbacks, it sounds like at least four teams are in the mix but have plenty of question marks - NextLevel, FCA, Crabs, and MadLax. Do any of them play each other before the end of the fall?

In the mix for what? 12 year old supremacy?

You forgot Hawks and mistakenly added MadLax. They are at best the 4th best team in hoco based on what was said above.

Thank you for the feedback! Answers below:
(1) yes, by "mix," I was referring to dominance and bragging rights as the strongest 2028 team in the DC/Baltimore corridor, and more specifically, next spring's HoCo league, and the right to pound chests on BOTC;
(2) but actually, "13 year old supremacy" would be more accurate than "12 year old," since all these teams have their share of holdbacks, and by the time HoCo playoffs get here, there will be plenty of 14 year olds as well.
(3) rest assured that I did not forget Hawks - they are in the same mix with these four teams, if not better, but my post referred to "question marks" based on recent tournament results and rumors/banter on this Board, and I have not heard much about the Hawks lately - so let's hear it!
(4) I love the dig at MadLax - but their inclusion is certainly NOT a mistake; they will plug their holes with fly-ins and holdbacks; one bad loss to FCA, with an injured goalie, is not the demise of a mighty team with an aggressive coach; underestimate them at your peril!