Originally Posted by Anonymous
Cab fooled us into leaving. We never discussed it he just sent a text telling us to leave. I read his text as saying that a postponement was likely. So I left. Later on the drive home we started getting texts from Hogan saying to stay in the parking lot. But by that time we were on 95. A mom even texted whether we should turn around. He said no. Most of the team is pissed. I guess what I’m asking are there any tryouts coming up.
If i'm a Madlax parent i'm going to DC Express, Next Level or VLC. Might even be worth the 45 minute drive north to give Crabs, FCA, 91 or Predators a go.
The Madlax kids seem like good kids.. some of the parents are ehhh, but I cannot understand why this group would continue to be associated with this guy. It’s nothing new, he’s been banging like this for 15+ years. The team has been good, but at what point do you look for something less toxic??
The Madlax kids are indeed good kids, but unfortunately stuff like this harms their personal reputation. their peers are laughing at them. whether it is right or wrong, if you are on a team that constantly manipulates everything, quits in the middle of games that they deem unwinnable, people will assume that you buy into those shenanigans. if you doubt that stuff actually hurts your own reputation, talk to the families on the older teams who are leaving in droves. remember, you are who you associate with.

This is the summer that is going to happen to ML 2028. It’s already started.