Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would love to know who you are. This must be a D1 final 4 coach. Sw struggles 27-31. M&D is in trouble with 28. 29 is not elite even thought daddyball Jim and Mommy call Amanda are taking a Heros player and a Coppermine shooter. Heros has been the most consistent. Parents are the problem with the whole club scene! Lose a game or little Suzy isn’t the start people wanna jump teams. The good ones on the parent sideline are usually the ones that know team sports and let their kid experience the ups and downs. You people are the ones responsible for diminishing number of coaches and refs. Might move my kid to golf or tennis.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or this poster is reiterating what others have said ?

any team that is losing players is losing them because of parental interference. That's why SW 27 & 28's are gaining players. 29 & 30's are too. Its always the parents[/quote]

SW model works but has its issues as well. Just look at the 27 forum. They are about to make a coaching change right before these girls get recruited. The thing about SW is they are unique with their model. Not just in Maryland but the whole club scene. LI teams are no different with parent coaches. So no matter where you go outside SW you run into parent coaches. Which has its issues as well as others have pointed out. SW always improves in 8th/9th grade but it has little to do with non parent coaches. That is just the reason parents use to make the jump. If it truly was the reason, why wait so long? I think the SW program has an incredible history with recruiting and that’s why parents make the jump. They want to win at the younger ages but then when wins don’t matter they jump to SW. What really is hard for the kids at SW now is, they will replace you once the better kids come.