Originally Posted by Anonymous
What positions will M&D Black be in need of come tryouts?

Seeing some of their summer results, looks like their offense could be in need.

Problem is all 3 coaches kids play attack so not a lot of minutes available there. Girls that were on the bench most were attackers. Same problem at Coppermine. You have 4 offensive players (middies and one attack) that never leave the field so have 8 more attackers fighting for 3 attacker spot minutes.

Will soon be 9 attackers at Coppermine after they add the Aces girl who has been telling everyone she is going to Coppermine. Are they telling current players they all have a spot next year?

If that is true, Coppermine gets the bonus of another coach. dad yells instruction every game while yelling at other parents. Why any team would take that on is making their culture more toxic.

After this weekend’s results she might want to reconsider

In all seriousness, Aces is playing better than Coppermine.

More broadly on that point, I was a big Coppermine defender and continued to believe they were the best team at the 2028 level even after a couple of stumbles earlier against Hero's Green. Now they are turning in multiple games scoring 3 goals or less in consecutive tournaments against different opponents. It would have been inconceivable for the Coppermine team playing last Summer and Fall to score less than 5 goals in a quarter of their games.

In short, it appears that the offense has stagnated. My DD's team hasn't played Coppermine in a while. Did the naysayers who predicted that the offense wouldn't gel after adding more top players prove to be right? Are teams defending better? What's the story from someone who has seen them play a few times? Would appreciate actual analysis versus I told you sos, or celebratory responses.

Here’s what I’ve seen and my daughter’s team has played Coppermine 4+ times over the past couple months. Most of the offensive possessions revolve around a midfielder running sweep dodge motion from the top. Very little moving the ball down to X and looking for off ball cutters. Additionally most better teams have defenders sliding and switching now and it’s not that hard to stop.