Originally Posted by Anonymous
How did that Legacy team beat the Warriors at the World Series Qualifier... They got beat up and almost lost to the bottom 91 team....

They brought in 4 '22's for the qualifier. They have since left and Legacy is back to their old selves.

I would have figured that because nobody showed up to their tryouts, and now all of a sudden they have a team?

They lost a lot of players from last year so maybe they are in rebuilding mode.

Anyone who needs to have 8th graders play against 7th graders is a total person bag.

Its an age based tournament. Anyone born after 9/1/2004 is eligible. Next year, it will be anyone born after 9/1/2005, and so on. How is this unfair? It doesn't matter what grade the kid is in. Lets say you have two kids both born on Oct 1, 2004. One is in 8th grade (where he should be under NY school rules), and one is in 7th grade (probably because he started kindergarten late). How does the 8th grader have an advantage?

This is why the grade-based culture of lacrosse is bad for the sport. In sports which are age based (mostly every other sport except lacrosse) no one cares what grade a kid is in. All they care about is his age, since age is far and away the single greatest determining factor concerning a child's physical development. But yet in lacrosse you have stunads who will say "hey, that kid who was born on Oct 1, 2004 shouldn't be on the field with my kid who was also born on Oct 1, 2004 because that kid is in 8th grade." You might as well be complaining about the color of the kid's shoe laces. Such complaint will have the same amount of merit.

Agreed! I don't care what grade a kid id in.Its all about age.