Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My "old kid" is one of the smallest on his team....no puberty yet and a "real 7th grader".....but sorry son....your aged out. AGAIN, US Lacrosse needs to get its ducks in a row. Decide once and for all how to govern the youth program.....
Just read the USA Hockey handbook already.....2004,2005,2006. you get it right......

I'm not sure I understand. Is your son a "real 7th grader"? As in, was he born between 12/1/04 and 11/30/05? Because in NY, that's the criteria for 7th grade. If he is a holdback, that's fine, but he wouldn't be considered a true 7th grader. I know that people on LI, for the most part, don't hold their kids back for lax. They hold them back because they are not physically, emotionally or developmentally ready to begin school. It's extremely common and the only people who have a problem with it are crazy lax parents. For the record, I'm with you 100% on ending this garbage. Find a criteria and stick to it. The problem is that people are looking to US Lacrosse to dictate and uphold the rules, but hey have as much authority as my grandma.

In a few years ALL this crap will be a thing of the past! Nothing is going to change, why would it. Plenty of money is being made by the Lax Gods...