Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Expresses 2nd team is very good, borderline A team last year. Won every B bracket entered last year (4), by a lot. Several upgrades this year, 3 new assistant coaches, no daddy coaches. Looking to qualify for Denver.

Can someone please explain to me the fascination with Denver? I get that it's a great experience for the kids but really people what is rush to go there and see your friends that play on other li teams in the semies or finals?

Our team went to Denver and we went 2-3 and every parent and kid said they loved it. Without a doubt best lacrosse experience to date. The organizers of this event really immersed the kids in a great week that was jam packed with activities, fanfare, and fun. Not all games are competitive but that could be said about any tournament especially in pool play. It is extremely expensive, but honestly most of us are blessed with lifestyles that can afford the cost.

We also went to the Brine Tournament in July in Virginia and by contrast there was a lot of standing around, "huge" gaps in time between games that were underutilized, and just wasn't the same atmosphere and camaraderie.

When it comes to Denver it really came across more as a celebration of lacrosse, family, and country. I know it sounds cheesy but for those that have attended...they will understand where I am coming from. When it comes to being outside and beautiful, Colorado is fantastic. If you are more of a couch potato and into more sedentary pursuits the lure of the state won't be as compelling.