yes, this does get confusing even for people on LI because instead of using letter designations and potentially hurting someones's feelings, we now use colors, mammals and/or reptiles to designate the teams. As far as the age grouping is concerned, you dont have to worry if your child plays on a MD team. You are pretty much 6 mos. to one year older than the LI kids you are playing every time you step on the field unless you play up a bracket. Not whining, just a fact. For example, last year we played two MD tourneys, U13 category was - "born after September 1, 1999". The majority of the boys on my son's 2019 team were born in 2001 (a couple in 2002). So you dont have to be a math genius to know you are playing older kids (as if the 6" height difference doesnt tell you enough). Also, im afraid you guys down there may be taking a page out of our book - who the heck is Mad Rock? were they the Rock, Mad Lax, or some combination of both?
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Trying to understand top Long Island Teams/Ages/Names. My son plays for nationally known WashDC based travel club, Madlax at U13. In past we have run into unbelievably skilled teams from Long Island, Dune Dogs and Express and others. I love the competition, but I can't keep them straight from year to year. Our teams are consistently named, so when you play a Madlax Orange you have the top team for the club in that age group. At youth our teams are USLacrosse U9-U15. HS by class year.
From what I read here Team 91 does 4 teams, 2 that are AA teams. Are all 4 team 2019's, by class? Would these teams be age qualified for u13 by USLacrosse? What are team names from top to bottom?
Long Island Express does 3 teams. All 2019s? USLacrosse U13s? Names top to bottom?
I have not seen Team Long Island or Superstar 365 in Mid Atlantic tourneys.
Summer of 2012 we got beaten badly (12-2? In our own tournament-ouch!) by a team named the Dune Dogs. I see passing reference to them but they don’t appear to be from Express or Team 91. Who are they? Same ?? about age qualifications
Mostly curious and would like to play all y'all again!
Virginia Lax Dad