Originally Posted by Anonymous
No, AS is not a factor. Just took a quick look at the Under Armour Rosters over the years (2006 - 2022) Long Island has averaged about 8 girls per year, anywhere from 3 to 13 girls.

Thank you. So, not playing on the UA Command or Highlight team matters? Who chooses? AS was not around until the last couple of years. If a girl chooses to do AS over UA, I was wondering if that affects her chances to become a UA all American?

It absolutely does. Two of the top players on LI heading to Duke next year we’re snubbed from the UA team because they were cut at the underclass tryout

If you get cut from UA underclass Long Island; very hard to justify making the 48 girl roster for the UA senior game when it’s a national selection. don’t you think??

What I think, is how do they judge it from the UA stuff anymore , when a lot of the top players are doing AS now!?

For years they evaluated players throughout the summer and fall, they watched the Top Club Teams at the more competitive tournaments as well as at The UA Underclass Games. I'm sure they can watch AS as well.