Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know that I'm late the party. We just moved to LI so just started on Back of the Cage. We were told that coach Tilts was the best coach on LI and we should think about going to any team she coaches, but her players don't get any looks by colleges. Is that because she coaches weak team? Is there any truth to that? My daughter has played since she was 5 and has been top of team, league in points since age 8. We were told that because her teams always play the lowest bracketl at tournaments without much success? ? And does she coach
Lightning or Power or Jesters? And direction and guidance would be greatly appreciated!!
Good lluck to all the girls this sseason!

Until this year she was at a lower club called 91. They are a very strong boys program but not so much on the girls side From the looks of her past team it seems like most of them went to play at d1-D3 schools. Considering this club doesn’t usually have any top players that is pretty good odds.

The “best” coach is relative and up to opinion. Anyone who invests interest and matches your daughters needs could be the best, but she does have a very positive response from kids who train with her. She is with a stronger club now that has a history of top recruits and coaches their 24 A and B teams. The A team plays in the higher brackets while the B team plays in the lowest brackets.

You’ll find with most coaches or directors that people love or detest them, there is no in between. On this thread you’ll see tilts Expect praise posts and some posts absolutely hating on the girl. I haven’t met her personally but from people I know only hear good things. Then again, you’ll see the same thing about Kotowski, Rose, Spallina, Smiths, etc. Its the name of the game. If people aren’t talking about you, you’re probably irrelevant in the scene. For people to be opinionated in some way you are doing something right in my opinion.

If you are an actual parent whose daughter has played lacrosse competitively , you know the names of the top Long Island teams. Top guns, YJ, Legacy, and jesters are the top of list and you likely know those names if you are involved.

My advice to you would be to talk to tilts or other clubs directly. Most can be reached on social media or by going to the clubs website and looking for emails. If you can get different coaches on the phone, go to a training, or meet them you can get a feel for what they have to offer instead of the rumors people say.