Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are the crabs 27s? Trying to get a read on how the crabs 28s will be next year.

I always enjoy these types of posts. Ma’am please enlighten us all to what elite level club your son plays on that has no holdbacks?

My son is not a holdback. I look at the holdbacks on his team the same way I look at crabs holdbacks. There are just happens to be way more on crabs than any other clubs.

Make sure you let those parents know how you feel while standing on the sidelines next to them face to face. 🤔

Make sure you tell everyone your kid is a year older when he out muscles the younger kids.

Fun fact, holdback parents are quite good at changing the subject ("I mean, all the kids are big these days!") or not answering that question directly ("Oh his birthday is in January" (when asked how old), or answering it in a joke ("Oh I don't know why he's so big in 8th grade, maybe he's really 22 years old, ha ha!").

If they are academic or "maturity" holdbacks, the parents are honest about it about 50% of the time. Sports-specific holdback parents - evasive. If it's no big deal and it's allowed, why so coy about it?