What does grade have anything to do with this mess anymore. Would anyone be averse to me moving my 12 year old (August 2004) 7th grade, 2022 kid down to the 2023 team? Just so he can be better than most of the kids he is playing against? Heck, he's only 2 weeks away from being a true 2023/6th grader (we opted to have him start school earlier rather than later) so I guess we could really move him down to the 2024 team. He could really do some damage there, CRUSH those younger/smaller kids. He would be a STAR!!! Doesn't that *&^%ing ridiculous?

Or, maybe our age based 2021 team should just play the crabs 2022 team so the ages would be similar? There would only be a fewer older kids on our team. That's fair, right?

I do accept this BS now. It is what it is. My kid can take it, and dish it. He has very good coaches and is developing well. But, don't tell me that your team is better than mine, just because you prefer to have older kids play on your team.

I wonder which one of these "AA" teams, crabs included, is paying in the age based World Series of lax tourney? They would not be able to take their older kids, uh oh.