Originally Posted by Anonymous
No, if you are a truly good player, you can compete with older players. Perhaps there is another sport your son can play? I see hockey mentioned as an on-age sport. Go enjoy or stop complaining and have your son work to improve and compete. This is the real world

So I get the suck it up this is the real world talk. But I also think people should never let themselves be walked on or screwed over by others gaming a system. And I also agree if your son is a top 10% for a D1 class he will shine no matter if the age is off by 18 months. But I think the real fight is for the last 30% of each class for D1. Those are the kids who are getting crapped on the most. The none reclass kids who should be earning those last 3 spots at UVA or JHU are losing out to a swarm of reclass kids stealing their spots. Yes this is where you say suck it up its the real world. But also in the real world the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So us parents of kids in the last 30% group will try to squeak and get some grease. So also a life lesson. Also my son knows nothing of my squeaking and I do tell him as you all tell me this is the real world suck it up and get better. But someone has to keep saying something.