Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most players I've spoken to (those not coaching for a living) have mixed feelings about the time commitments of D1 and high level D3 lacrosse, even those who have won national championships and been AAs.

I've encouraged my boys to use lacrosse to get them into a great academic college (D1 or D3). If your kid enjoys the grind of collegiate lacrosse, keep playing. If not, focus on academics, career development and have fun.

Or play D3 or club. D1 is 7 days a week. D3 is four days practice one day game. Club is beer during the games and after and girlfriends on the sidelines. Keep the grades up boys. Merit scholarships is the way to go.

In high school, teach them to play life long sports: ski, tennis, golf. Participate in a play or join the debate club. Being a laxbro is not a vocation or even a desirable life style.

A parent whose child was a recent starting D1 lacrosse player told me that their son told them...he has enjoyed his experience, but for many reasons if he had it to do over again may just choose to be a student and enjoy college.
This is great. Most truth spit out since i've started checking out this site. I've coaches so many different sports at all different levels. These D1 kids that come out of college thinking they know it all just amuses me. Lots of self righteous behavior is what i've seen which you typically don't see in the other sports.

Self entitlement! That's is what you get with the lacrosse demographic. That is why they feel it is ok to play kids down...self entitlement!