some thoughts on the Coppermine.

1) Yes, this should improve the team. Coppermine should be the preseason #1 team in the country

2) No, they won't go undefeated next year. I actually expect them to lose a few times in the fall as new parts try to gel together. If they lose fewer than 3 games, I would actually be quite surprised. There are lots of quality teams out there and ALL of the other top teams got better. Also, 20 minute playoff games can be a crapshoot

3A) Some girls will likely leave the team, potentially even mid-season. Not a bad thing on anyone's part, but the reality of high level club lacrosse. Some players and their families are comfortable with little to no playing time; others aren't

3B) The fall will be critical to determining who is actually in the rotation come spring and summer. I would expect everyone to play in the fall and their performances in fall tourneys will go a long way.

3C) In the past Coppermine, had lots of girls miss fall tourneys due to other sports, mostly soccer. With such a competitive roster, I will be curious how many girls skip fall tourneys.

4) Most importantly, having at least 3 outstanding Maryland teams at this age group is a VERY good thing. Folks should sit back and enjoy. The fact that the top teams may actually have more than one competitive NGLL game should make everyone better. In fact, this is something the last 3 classes haven't really had.

5) Hopefully, the Coppermine 25s get some decent D1 offers. Coppermine needs the 25s and 26s to get some good (not necessarily great) offers to help maintain their strong talent