Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine coaches coming to the defense like they do on all these forums. I don’t blame them but own the reputation you’ve created.

Yup, if people only knew what goes on.
Heard from a little fly on the wall there will be some defections from the Copp team. Must [Censored] to only be a supporting player to a couple of others. Surprised it took this long for them to smell the roses and look elsewhere. Guess we'll see come tryouts in July.

If they want to get recruited they will leave.

The star players will be recruited regardless of where they play. It's the second tier of players, kids who have D1 skills, but aren't good enough to play for a top 20 team that really need support from their club in recruiting.

It's those kids who probably need to think about going to a club with a better reputation.

Ultimately, we don't know if Coppermine will be able to achieve recruiting results similar to the other big MD clubs. And we won't know until fall 2026 when the 28s get formally recruited. So there will be healthy chatter on this board for another 3 years.

My guess is the the stars on Coppermine will get solid offers, but middle tier kids probably will end up a bit disappointed. And Coppermine will leverage this success to really attract better talent for 2031 and beyond.

Clearly lots will change in the next few years, but I anticipate this debate going on for quite some time.