Originally Posted by Anonymous
Happy New Year all! Does anyone have an opinion on Brine NLC vs Under Armour Underclass Tournament? My son did Brine last summer and although playing for his state team (CT) was neat I was just ok with the event itself. There was way too much down time between games and it was hotter than the surface of the sun there. I also question how much of a recruiting event it really is and I want to spend my money wisely this summer. Is UA a better event/ legit recruiting event?

I believe UA is considered the better of the two. Person who did UA said there were many coaches at tryouts and the games. The older boys who did Brine from our area definitely weren't the stronger players, which UA seemed much more selective (though many argue the teams are pre-chosen). I would try to get into Showtime or Freshman Fall showcase that NXT runs (also the NLF one I think during fall). And prospect camps. Also try to play in top level tourneys, e.g. NLF, Crabfeast, Big 4 Summer/Fall, etc. Hope this helps! I think everyone's experiences are different when it comes to recruiting so no one right answer. . .