Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was there, and yes, the 2021's didn't shine, but weren't out of place either. I don't remember Red helmet, but do remember the 6'2" Ottawa kid who looked great, and the BBL kid who was a beast on defense. Totally agree that it was worth it for everyone who went, even the 2021's. According to the jersey numbers there were about 68 there, as 168 was the highest number and they were all 100 series numbers. I tell you what, it was a real eye opener for my kid. He was couldn't believe how good the kids were, but calmed down and felt better after the scrimmage. This is not something for the average kid to do, but a great thing for the kids who seriously think that they can play D1 ball. One parent I spoke to felt that it was a mistake to bring 2021's as the person who posted stated because they could get labeled as too small, slow, etc. I don't agree. I also agree that nobody should panic as a 2021 if they don't get a D1 offer. There was plenty of 2019 talent, and yes, there were 17 year olds, my kid said that several admitted to it. And yes, the coaches care more about ability at age than grade. Desko said that they are looking for the basics from the young boys.

Sorry I didnt see any defensive players who stood out and I saw the BBL kid. thick and strong but not studly. Like most of the poles did not display a high IQ. Not the BBL kid, but the poles pushed way to much.

To me only one team stood out. Ottawa lefty was good but lots of talent on that team. middie in the gold helmet, the two other attack/middie in the black helmets. I don't think any defensemen/goalies stopped that offense. They fed off the face off wins and the face off kid got the reps from them. Face off kid was unstoppable and probably led to the coaches doing goalie clears instead of faceoffs. That team played well together. A few of us dads thought they knew each other.

I am sorry if you didnt recognize the face off kid. But that team had two good middies and 3 good attack.

17 year olds??? Not too sure. Think it was a good day for 19/20's not sure about 21's. Dads were very up front about the boys ages; there were 16 year old freshman and 15 year old sophomores.

Great day and great experience. Not sold on 8th graders as a whole attending these but that's just me. You 21's have a big summer ahead of you but it is not the be all end all. Wonder if anyone got any calls or imvites after their play.