Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

Enough with the 8th graders playing Varsity. Shame on the HS coach for entertaining that. In past 10 yrs I've seen 2 8th graders that can help the team. Gallasso and kid from Bay Shore. That's it. I'll take my 6'1 180lb senior over an 8th grader anyday. I don't care how crafty he is. They have more then enough time to be on varsity. Let the older kids have their time.

You are wrong to say shame on the coaches, for Bay Shore it works and is necessary. Bay Shore makes a habit of 8th graders playing up and each kid makes the most of it, all playing at the next level. They fit the pieces needed and then some like this years crop, Playing with those 6'1" kids and against them. Just remember Some schools don't have that luxury and are lucky to have them. You may say the are lucky to play varsity I say the school is lucky to hve a ki that can play.

Did Galasso even play a full season in 8th grade or just got pulled up right before playoffs. Lukavic is a better example.

But to say let the older kids have their time is rediculous. Play the better player. You want kids to wait there is always Chaminade and St. Anthony's.

Now if you have only seen 2 then you ain't as much of a follower. Maybe, just maybe you just didn't know they were in 8th grade. Oneill Lukavic Gallasso are 3 for sure but there are more.