Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you attended the 2017 tryouts , it was pretty clear the new talent that showed up. The turnout was huge. My daughter is on black & I myself was nervous for her & the others that have been together for years that they might be bumped. The black & purple had little to no movement so all these new really talented girls will form the white team. You never know , that might just be the better team & that is great. It does not matter if u are on team A,B,C,D the difference may be 2-3 girls who are exceptional . The fact is when they play against each other it is only a 1 goal difference. My oldest was on purple & received a better scholarship than her friends on black.

I was at the 2017 tryouts, and there was definitely a lot of solid, new talent - Elevate, YJ, Syosset, Wantagh, Bay Shore. Even though they added a 3rd team, there will still be about 20 girls not getting offers. If it was all about the money, they could've made 4 teams. Our daughter is on purple, and we weren't nervous, until we got to the tryouts. She made purple, but there will be about 8-9 new faces, including a very good goalie. A couple girls decided not to play travel lax, a few moved to white, and 1 moved to black. Some of the new players definitely got offers for white, as you said - I'm sure TG is trying to build strong purple and white teams, based on the moves/offers being made. Should be a very interesting, competitive year. Good luck to all the girls!