Originally Posted by Anonymous
When can a kid drop Club lax if he’s not really interested in college lacrosse but wants to be competitive in Highschool?

Here’s the situation my son will go to highschool with a very competitive lax team. He really wants to play varsity lax in highschool. He is a good player on a top team. But honestly he’s not a world beater. In my estimate the only way he would play D1 or D2 would be to go to whatever team would take him. In other words, he would have to twist his college choice around lax. I don’t think that makes sense and While he loves lacrosse he’s not that committed. Is the smart move to wait till he makes varsity and then stop club?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts

Drop Club lax now. He can still enjoy high school lacrosse. Going to Bellarmine, or South Cackalackey State to play lacrosse, rather than Virginia Tech or a legit school where he can get a legit education would be foolish.

And by the way, Club lacrosse at these big schools like VT (just using that as an example for local kids) is legit. Ton of former club players, the kids have a blast, and they don’t end up sacrificing a legit education so they can chase the delusions of D1 lax.

Just my opinion, which we all know are like tailpipes— everyone has one.